Castlerigg Hall Booking Terms and Conditions
Castlerigg Hall Caravan and Camping Park is a family park catering for touring caravans, tents, motorhomes, camping pods and caravan hire. Our guests’ enjoyment and safety is paramount and therefore we ask you to read the following Terms and Conditions before making your booking.
We reserve the right to ask guests who contravene these terms and conditions, or who in any other way are behaving in a manner likely to cause distress or nuisance to other visitors, to leave the park. In these circumstances, the holiday ceases and we shall not be liable for any extra costs incurred by you.
- We cater for families and couples and do not accept bookings from large groups. We also reserve the right to refuse any booking.
1.1 Bookings can be made in the following ways:
By telephone: 017687 74499 (Visa and MasterCard accepted).
1.2 The person who signs the booking form is responsible for the booking and warrants that they are over 18 years of age and that the party will not exceed the numbers stated on the booking form. This is also an acceptance and acknowledgement that the information supplied in relation to all the details of the motorhome or touring caravan, camping pod, holiday hire caravan and camping, including the size, are correct.
1.3 Bookings are accepted in the name of the person on the booking form and are not transferable to any third parties.
1.4 Holiday hire caravans, touring caravans, pods and camping are all available on a holiday basis only and not to be used for work purposes.
1.5 Minimum stays may apply during busy times.
1.6 We are unable to accept bookings for more than 21 days.
1.7 ACSI members must have proof of membership by showing their ACSI card at the time of booking or on arrival to redeem their discount.
- This contract is with Castlerigg Hall Caravan and Camping Park, Keswick, Cumbria, CA12 4TE. A Contract exists as soon as we have issued our confirmation form and you should please check this carefully to see that it reflects yours wishes. Please inform us of any discrepancy within 7 days, unless your holiday is to start within 14 days, in which case you should inform us within 24 hours.
2.1 The terms contained in this contract do not affect your statutory rights.
2.2 Terms and Conditions are subject to minor changes without notice, any amendments to these Terms and Conditions will be updated on our website.
The Price of the Holiday
- Once you have made your booking and paid the required administration fee, the price of the holiday will not be subject to any change unless the rate of VAT changes, or you add additional extras to your booking.
3.1 For one and two night bookings, the balance is required to be paid in full at the time of booking.
3.2 The following administration fees are required at the time of booking:
Touring Caravan/Motorhome £35.00 per week.
Holiday Hire Caravans £70.00 per week.
Camping Pods £30.00 per week.
Inspire Pods £50.00 per week.
3.3 The balance of the price of your holiday must be paid at least 21 days before the start date. If the balance is not paid in time then we are entitled to cancel the holiday and retain your administration fee.
3.4 Please note that the park is unable to offer advance reservations for camping.
3.5 Please note that should you wish to extend your stay beyond the booked dates there is no guarantee that the same pitch will be available.
3.6 No refunds can be given if guests depart prior to the end of the booked holiday, unless they do so as the result of some breach on our part which would justify cancelling the holiday.
3.7 The prices listed include VAT.
Cancellation of the Holiday by You
- You may cancel your holiday at any time. Cancellation will be effective on the date it is received by us.
4.1 If you wish to cancel your booking over 21 days before your holiday we will refund any monies paid less your £30.00 (Camping Pod), £50.00 InspirePod, £35.00 (Touring) or £70.00 (Hire Caravan) administration fee or transfer the booking to another time within this or the following season. If you cancel within 21 days of your holiday all monies will be automatically lost or transfer the booking to another time within this or the following season.
4.2 We do advise all customers to take out Holiday/Travel Insurance in the event you need cancel your holiday.
Change or Cancellation of Holiday by Us
- If we are unable to provide the booked holiday and have had to cancel before the holiday is due to start, you are entitled to a full refund of the money you have paid.
- The information supplied on the Booking Form will be stored securely on computers for administrative purposes. We may also disclose your data to CampStead Ltd (our booking system provider) who may contact you, inviting you to complete a questionnaire and review regarding your stay at our park. Under no circumstances will this information be provided to a third party.
6.1 The information supplied will only be kept as long as it is necessary to administer your booking, and to fulfil any regulatory requirements.
6.2 If you wish from time to time to receive news of special offers from our park please tick the appropriate box on the booking form. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1984 the signing of the declaration on the booking form signifies your assent to these terms.
Health and Safety
- In the unlikely event of a natural disaster or emergency requiring implementation of the park’s Emergency Action Plan you will be notified by the Management team.
7.1 Please make yourself aware of your nearest fire point.
7.2 Our full health and safety policy and Emergency Action Plan are available for inspection in Reception.
7.3 You must not have external fires, including incinerators. However, adequately supervised barbecues are permitted. You may have charcoal based barbeques only, no wood or fuels that cause sparks.
7.4 Barbeques are not permitted on the grass, decked areas or picnic benches.
7.5 Never take a barbeque into a caravan, pod, tent, porch area or awning. Even if extinguished a barbeque can give off lethal fumes. Always use barbeques away from your unit, in a well ventilated area.
7.6 Please leave a minimum separation distance of 3 metres between tents and 6 metres between caravans and motorhomes.
7.7 Your accommodation must not be used for sleeping a number of people greater than the number of people stated on your Booking Confirmation.
Touring Caravan and Camping Terms
- For touring caravan and camping bookings, the size of your unit inclusive of the tow bar (in metres) and including any awnings, tents and gazebos must be stipulated at the time of booking to ensure that the allocated pitch is large enough. Should you subsequently alter your requirements we cannot guarantee to provide an appropriately sized pitch.
8.1 If we have not heard from you within 48 hours of your expected arrival, we reserve the right to re-let your accommodation or pitch.
8.2 All pitches must be vacated by the time stated on your booking confirmation, on the day of your departure otherwise an additional night’s accommodation/pitch fee will be charged. You are requested not to arrive before 12:30pm and the latest arrival time is 9:00pm.
8.3 Every endeavour will be made to allocate guests the pitch of their choice, however, it must be clearly understood that acceptance of a booking is not conditional on the allocation of a particular pitch.
8.4 Your pitch number and directions to it will be confirmed on arrival. If you are in any doubt whether you are on the right pitch please check with a member of staff. Any guest on the wrong pitch will be required to move.
8.5 We are relieved of any responsibility and financial liability for any goods left behind after departure, although every effort will be made to forward any articles left.
8.6 Any damages or losses must be paid for before departure.
8.7 Campers are requested to move their tent to another area in the tent field after 7 nights to help keep the grass in good condition. Please avoid pitching tents on worn or yellow patches.
Services and Facilities
- Seasonal opening hours apply to the Shop. Opening times can be found on our website or at Reception.
9.1 The park operates using a private water supply, which may mean low pressure can be experienced at certain times.
9.2 We reserve the right to close a park facility with prior notice in unforeseen circumstances.
9.3 We will try to ensure that all services and facilities connected with the park are available to you during your stay. If services and facilities are not available due to circumstances beyond our control, no liability will attach to us and you will not be entitled to a refund.
9.4 We shall be allowed access to the Holiday Hire Caravan or Pod at any reasonable time for essential maintenance or required inspections. Wherever possible, this will be by prior arrangement with the guest.
Holiday Behaviour Standards and Termination
- By making a booking with us, you have entered a contract in which you undertake, on behalf of yourself and the people in your party (including children), to adopt the following standards of behaviour:
- To act in a courteous and considerate manner towards us, our staff and other guests.
- To supervise children properly so that they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or others.
10.1 You further agree that you will not:
- Commit any criminal offence at the park or undertake any criminal activity.
- Commit acts of vandalism or nuisance.
- Keep or carry any firearm or any other weapon at the park.
- Use any unlawful drugs.
- Create any undue noise or disturbance.
- Carry on any trade or business while on the park.
10.2 Where you are in breach of any of the behaviour standards, we may ask you to leave the Park. In these circumstances, the holiday ceases and we shall not be liable for any extra costs incurred by you.
10.3 We operate a strict non-smoking policy in all of our park buildings. This extends to holiday hire caravans and camping pods.
10.4 Quiet hours are from 10:30pm until 8.00am. Please respect your fellow guests and keep noise to an absolute minimum.
10.5 You must not leave any litter on the ground. Please use the bins provided around the site and keep the park and facilities clean and tidy.
10.6 You must not dig any holes or trenches anywhere onsite.
10.7 You must not trespass on nearby farm land.
10.8 The use of drones in not permitted on or over the park.
10.9 The use of generators is not permitted.
10.10 Cutting or damaging trees and other vegetation is strictly prohibited and the natural conditions are not to be disturbed. This includes tying ropes to, or driving into, trees.
10.11 The management reserves the right to require the immediate vacation of any person(s) who persistently fail to comply with these booking terms and conditions.
Vehicles and Parking
- We permit cars onto the park for the purposes of access to the caravan only. Accordingly, save to the extent that you may need to do so because of disability, you must not drive cars around the park for other purposes, such as visiting other locations on the park. We may ask for reasonable evidence of any disability relevant to this term.
11.1 The speed limit on the park is 10mph.
11.2 Please ensure vehicles are left in a safe position in gear with the handbrake engaged on any sloping ground on the park.
11.3 All vehicles must conform to the Road Traffic Act and have current tax, MOT and insurance. The provisions of the Highway Code apply to the roads on the park.
11.4 You must insure all accessories and items towed by vehicles (such as towed boats and jet skis) as for use on the public road and their ordinary use.
11.5 You must not keep disused or un-roadworthy vehicles anywhere on the park. We reserve the right to remove any vehicle which is apparently abandoned.
11.6 Other than for delivering goods and services, guests are not allowed to bring lorries or other commercial vehicles onto the park.
11.7 You must not carry out any of the following works or repairs on the park: major vehicle repairs such as dismantling of parts of the engine, or works which involve the removal of oil or other fuels, but a recognised breakdown service may attend in the event of a breakdown.
11.8 Quad bikes, trial bikes and powered scooters are not permitted on the park for customer use. This does not prevent you from using a disability scooter where this is required to support your disability and the relevant authority has issued you with a certificate.
11.9 You must not park anywhere except in permitted spaces.
11.10 Only one vehicle can be parked next to the pitch. All other vehicles, including trailers, must be parked in the main parking area and even then only by arrangement prior to booking.
11.11 All touring caravans and motorhomes must be parked over the square concrete flag. Please leave a minimum separation distance of 6 metres between each caravan and motorhome.
11.12 Anyone driving on the park must hold a full driving licence. You are not permitted to give anyone driving lessons on the park and learner drivers are not permitted to drive on the park.
11.13 Vehicles and property are left on the Park at the customer’s own risk. We are not responsible for any loss or damage caused to your vehicle and property whilst on the Park, save where this has been caused by our negligence.
Dogs and Other Pets
- You must not bring any pets or animals when you visit the Park except the following: Not more than 2 dogs (other than any of the breeds subject to the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 (“as amended”)).
12.1 For bookings for camping pods and caravan hire, dogs are only permitted in specific units. Please specify if you will be bringing a dog when making your booking.
12.2 If you bring your dog with you when you stay with us we ask that you:
- Keep your dog on a short lead on the park at all times.
- Clean up after your dog.
- Use the designated bins provided for dog waste.
- Do not leave your dog unattended at any time.
12.3 We reserve the right to require that the owner removes their dog, or any other pet, from the park if it is a nuisance or danger to others.
12.4 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions prevents you from bringing an assistance dog to the park if this is required to support your disability.
- Only people lawfully staying with your permission, have permission to enter the park.
13.1 All visitors must report to reception on arrival.
13.2 All visitors must leave the park by 9.30pm each evening. Should any visitors wish to stay overnight they must check in at Reception before 9:00pm and will be charged normal site fees and acceptance is at our discretion.
13.3 Customers must refrain from giving the code for the access barrier to day visitors or third parties. Customer who are known to have disclosed the code to their visitors will be in breach of these booking terms and may be asked to leave the park.
13.4 Tents tags and car stickers must be displayed at all times whilst staying on the park.
- If you have a complaint about anything during your holiday, please raise it with a member of our staff immediately.
14.1 If you wish to pursue a complaint following your departure please email: email@example.com or write to us at: Castlerigg Hall Caravan and Camping Park, Keswick, Cumbria, CA12 4TE.